Stories Uncategorized

Public sector religious seminaries are just 3 percent in Pakistan

 

CIRP Report

 

Against a whopping number of 32,272 privately managed Deeni Madaris (religious seminaries), Pakistan has only 946 such institutions being operated under the public sector.

According to the latest “Pakistan Education Statistics 2016-17” released by the federal government’s Academy of Educational Planning and Management (AEPAM) in April this year, the total enrolment in these religious seminaries is 2.26 million across the country. Off these 64% are male students while 34% are the female students.

 


Similarly, there are a total of 74,648 teachers serving in these religious seminaries, of which 76% are male teachers while the remaining 24% are the female teachers. This shows the number of female teachers in less by 10 percent than female students in terms of percentage.

 

 

As per the AEPAM stats, Wifaq-ul-Madaris has the highest number of religious seminaries in Pakistan i.e., 10249. However, according to the website of Wifaq Ul Madaris Al Arabia Pakistan, it is the largest religious examination board in Pakistan and has 18,948 affiliated institutions across the country.

 

 

Main image: VOA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *